Do you ever find that your goals never pan out? Do you find yourself unmotivated after the excitement wears off? Then this post might be for you.
Today, I don’t want to focus on creating our goals, instead, I want to help you build a solid foundation for your goals and dreams, and that all starts with understanding who you are and who you want to become. When we create goals with no solid foundation, we set ourselves up to fail in a way. The truth is, the excitement and motivation will run out; but if you have created goals that align with who you are and who you want to become, then you can keep working towards those goals even when it gets challenging.
Before you start building your goals, take the time to understand who you want to become. I find that the easiest way to go about this is by journaling. It doesn’t have to be anything complicated just grab a pen and a piece of paper and start writing. Write about anything that comes to your mind and what you want out of life and who you want to become.
For those of you who might need a bit of guidance, here are some journaling prompts I used after I did my free write, to structure out my ideas and see them more clearly:
- Are you happy right now? If so, what makes you happy? If not, what makes you unhappy?
- Is there anything you would change in your life right at this moment?
- Who do you want to become? What does the best version of yourself do? What habits do they have? What kind of person are they?
- Are you still the same person you were a few years ago? How have you changed? Have you changed at all?
- What kind of lifestyle do you want to be living?